Old 10-03-2005, 12:19 PM

Susan Hogarth wrote:
compost has only vegetative matter (no meat scraps, no dairy), they should

You've never had a beagle, have you? My male beag -prefers- fruits ..
interested if you are eating something meaty, but bite into an apple and he
is there jumping all over you and *trembling* with desire. He can't hear me
calling him at the top of my voice from 3 feet away, but crack a banana off

This is getting a bit off-topic, but I can't resist adding that
one of the three Scotties in my life was insane about oranges.
She could be sound asleep in the back of the house, and if you,
as silently as you possibly could, took an orange out of the
bowl on the table, suddenly she was sitting there, grinning
hungrily. Nobody in that house ever ate a whole orange while
she was alive--she always got her share. :-)

Ken Kuzenski AC4RD ken . kuzenski at duke .edu
All disclaimers apply, see? www.duke.edu/~kuzen001