Old 11-03-2005, 01:44 PM
Jo

"Anne Lurie" wrote in message
Jo asked

I thought beans and peas were not transplant friendly? Let me know

how it
goes with the transplanting. I would love to give it a try next

year.

Steve already clarified his post, but I'd like to add my own $.02!

In my mind, there is a difference between "transplants" and

"pre-sprouted
seeds" -- admittedly, I can't claim much success with peas at all.
However, I have tried various things like soaking peas overnight and
planting them; soaking peas overnight, then planting them in a thin

paper
towel covering, etc.

Also, despite the fact that peas & beans look much alike to us humans,

my
understanding is that they are very different in the temperatures they
prefer! I.e., you can theoretically plant peas when it is cold, but

beans
like a certain warmth before they will germinate, let alone grow.

Just my opinion! Plus I have to confess that when I said I planned to

plant
lettuce on March 7th, I had not been paying enough attention to the

weather
forecast! (The seeds might have been fine, but the gardener chickened

out!
LOL)

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

The weather has been very strange. That storm a few days ago had me jump
out of my skin!

Jo