Old 13-03-2005, 07:41 PM
pied piper

"Lee BARRASS" wrote in message
k...

"pied piper" wrote in message

"Lee BARRASS" wrote in message
I need to returf my lawn. It's around 6m x 6m .

I have had two quotes so for

Quote 1 - to cut off the top layer and replace with new turf - £300

Quote 2 - - to rotovate, add a tonne of top soil and lay new turf -

£180.

Now to me, the second one seems much better! Any thoughts please?

Lee.

why do either cant u just renovate your existing lawn a top dresing some
reseeding aeration scarifying some feed etc

Beause it's unven, in a general mess and around a third of it has very
compacted soil which needs a bit more than just aeration!

aeration relieves compaction the top dressing will even the lawn explain
what you mean by needs more than aeration?