Old 13-03-2005, 10:41 PM
Gary Woods

Default RP: Mail order merchants? And possible lily trade trade.

[Reposted in case it was missed earlier]

Anybody have particular preferences or strong dispreferences?

I've always found Lily ponds more reliable than many, though pricey. Last
year, it took a couple of go-rounds to get a lotus root that had viable
(any) growing points, and I was never able to get a name for the
replacement variety "name TBA." Having said that, I'm trying again for a
Mrs. Slocum (why does that remind me of a feisty lady with blue hair?) from
them.

I'll likely have some hardy lily root divisions for trade in a few weeks
when the ice melts in my "farm" pond.... I have Attraction, Sumptuosa, and
maybe Joey Tomocik. My plan is to actually get the dividing done as soon
as possible this year. Those who know me can stop laughing any time now...

Peace,