Old 14-03-2005, 03:59 AM
Ozdude

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Watercress wrote:
And the rooster causes the sun to rise. You are jumping to conclusion.

Really? Then by all means explain to me what exactly caused the hair algae
to die off. I didn't change anything else in my routine.

There may be something in this:

I use Seachem Flourish and my algae gets out of control after using it. I
can't find Excel around here, so I can't quantify your observations. It'd be
nice though if the liquid plant fertilizer could help with my algae which is
about as bad as yours was.

I really don't think it's an algaecide per se, but rather, it's bringing the
tank into a balance where the plants can out compete the algae.

I think I have an excess of something in the tank, or an out of balance
situation because it grows on large leaves too, spoiling the plants
eventually. I thought the plants (lots of them) were supposed to out-compete
algae?

Oz

--
My Aquatic web Blog is at http://members.optusnet.com.au/ivan.smith