Old 14-03-2005, 05:59 AM
kev

On 13 Mar 2005, the world was enlightened by Watercress's opinion
about...

It was a long time ago that I researched Scotts Green Sweep that I
chanced upon some MSDS website. It has some plead to manufacture to
submit MSDS for the sake their customers. Anyway, I can't find that
again, but I nevertheless found the following that may explain the
inconsistency between what you stated and that plead on that website.
It follows

From: http://www.msdssearch.com/msdshistory.htm
"Most materials packaged for consumer use are exempt from the
requirements of the Hazard Communication Standard (HCS)."

While consumer products may be exempt, if you dig enough, you'll find a
MSDS for just about anything sold. A quick Google found MSDS sheets for
liquid laundry detergent, cologne and water (yes water -
http://www.sciencestuff.com/msds/C2957.html)

Anyway, thanks for that Green Light Stump Remover MSDS. I guess that
means that the AP Nitrate test is crap. I dissolved a small amount of
stump remover in water and tested the solution with the nitrate test.
I got 0 ppm. I repeated this at least 3 times.

Strange, I mixed up a batch of Spectracide brand stump remover (100%
KNO3) at 1 tsp/500ml and tested with my AP kit and got an instant color
change (overkill on the ppm). Perhaps your test kit is old or you didn't
add enough KNO3 to register.

kev

--
Civilization.

An organized system of alternatives to the stone age - CJCherryh