Old 14-03-2005, 05:57 PM
paghat

In article , "madgardener" wrote:

Well, I see that I have been rightfully accused and condemmed of wrongfully
posting in HTML and posting a JPG on this text newsgroup. I have to say
that I am not a selfish person, nor do I think that anything I do or say is
of importance.

But it is.

That I've managed to step on the feelings and attitudes so
very efficiently lately shows me that I need to back off and retreat.

I didn't catch what someone said to you, but posting in html is one of
those things usually only beginners do & some people respond to it in a
kneejerk way, as "You retard, turn off your html!" It's just "I'm Annoyed
So I'll Be Annoying 101" & it has nothing really to do with you. The best
response is to turn off the accidentally on html feature & ignore the
complainant.

I am NOT saying this to get responses for me "not to leave!" I am not
asking for such things. It's really hard for me to lurk and not respond to
things because I truely enjoy and need to visit and contribute to this
newsgroup. I've been here for over seven years, and despite that in the
past, so many enjoyed my postings about my fairy gardens and adventures
about the cats, dogs and such, I think that it has come time to pull out for
awhile.

Your posts are important here but now & then you get your feelings hurt,
in some cases for no good reason. Somewhere between 95% & 99% of the
people who post in here look forward to your posts & if that's not
sufficient reward you're just being egomaniacal to demand 100%.

But I will say that the people here (most of them, about 99%) have kept me
from major depression and given me a reason to not only continue gardening,
but to see the magic in every blossom and textured leaf and Nature around me
better. For what little bit it's worth (and I hate to admit my weakness), I
really DO care what people think or say about me, meaning I guess after 52
years I still have feelings despite years of verbal and emotional abuse.

Warren, Travis, Janet......I sincerely apologize for disrupting this
newsgroup. I had no idea how ****ed off or inconsiderate it was to not only
post in HTML or post a picture that I thought was awesome for me to capture
even for a novice like myself. You can be assured you will not see me here
for quite awhile and I will just visit some of the garden neighborhood
friends thru e-mail as I can.

As giving and generous and I have always been, to have been accused of being
selfish cuts pretty well. Despite just having to only correct the problem,
I think I need to back off for awhile and despite that this is my most
magical time of the year to share the gifts of my 9 raised beds, it's just
not right for me to assume anything anymore. Bad enough that newsgroups
are being dropped. I only go to one. This one. That's been it (with rare
exception to alt.bianaries.pictures.gardens, which like I said, I never get
to see pictures I see remarks about anyway and seems to be a waste of time,
and I've posted there a few times.)

So with great emotion, I'll walk away. I'll possibly be back before spring
is over. I probably rely too much on this computer and newsgroup anyway.
Time to get back outside in the soil and dirt and anything neat I want to
share, I'll just send thru e-mail if I get overcome by words.

Marilyn the madgardener, up on the ridge, back in Faerie Holler, overlooking
English Mountain in Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset zone 36

My suspicion is you're just having a depression attack & it's not this
ng's fault, though if this ng doesn't help then it's your call whether its
sufficiently rewarding to keep poking in. Things of no consequence seem
big when one's general mood is gloomy. A week from now I bet you'll
realize that if someone said you're a selfish dork for of all things
posting in html, that's not even on the radar for reasons to feel misery
about UseNet. On the other hand, if there are things that need getting
done that don't get done because the computer has been too much fun,
anything you stop doing on the computer will likely be a good thing,
though I hope there are other things than this ng you can cut out.

-paghat the ratgirl
--
Get your Paghat the Ratgirl T-Shirt he
http://www.paghat.com/giftshop.html