Old 14-03-2005, 10:22 PM
cat daddy

"Leon Trollski" wrote in message
news:LhnZd.680012$8l.161961@pd7tw1no...

"madgardener" wrote in message
Well, I see that I have been rightfully accused and condemmed of

wrongfully
posting in HTML and posting a JPG on this text newsgroup. I have to say
that I am not a selfish person, nor do I think that anything I do or say

is
of importance. That I've managed to step on the feelings and attitudes

so
very efficiently lately shows me that I need to back off and retreat.

snip

This was not pleasant to read. I wish I could convince madgardener to

come
back to the group, and learn how to killfile helpful people like Travis.
There was nothing wrong with the broken glass post. I liked it.

I didn't see it. My service provider filters it because they consider it
abuse. I like mad's posts, but ballooning a 3k post to 26K of unreadable
script is not okay and those that point it out are right. Posting binaries
could also get her account cancelled and cautioning her not to do so is an
act of kindness.

The Absolute Beginner's Guide to Usenet
http://www.dickalba.demon.co.uk/usenet/guide/guide.html

Do not post messages formatted in HTML

If you need help on configuring your newsreader software to post in plain
text see http://www.usenet.org.uk/ukpost.html.
2.5 Configuring Microsoft Outlook Express versions 5.0 and 6.0
Plain text is the default posting format for news in these versions of
Outlook Express. Here is how to change it back globally if necessary:

Choose 'Tools-Options' from the menu.
Choose the 'Send' tab.
Choose the 'Plain Text' radio button under 'News Sending Format'.
Click the OK button.

You can also configure the default posting format for news servers (not
groups) individually:

Highlight the server entry in the 'Folders' pane and choose
'File-Properties' from the menu.
Choose the 'Advanced' tab.
Check the 'Ignore news sending format and post using' checkbox under
'Posting'.
Choose the 'Plain Text' radio button.
Click the OK button.

Do not post binaries to non-binary newsgroups.

With spam, this is considered as serious net-abuse; it violates most
service providers' Terms of Service (TOS), or Acceptable Use Policy (AUP),
and so could lead to you losing your account. If you are in any doubts as to
whether you are posting a binary or not, there is a simple rule of thumb -
if it is not a straight ASCII text message, then don't post it in a
non-binary newsgroup. Your graphic or soundfile might be 100% on-topic for
the group you're posting to but if it is a non-binary newsgroup, it is
net-abuse. Period. No exceptions. Ever. Put it on a website and post a
message to the group saying what the URL is so that people who are
interested can find it.