Old 15-03-2005, 06:57 AM
Richard Sexton

In article ,
quiser wrote:
On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:36:56 +0000, Richard Sexton wrote:

I really don't think it's an algaecide per se, but rather, it's bringing the
tank into a balance where the plants can out compete the algae.

No, it kills algae. Try it for yourself. Take a tank in good
shape. Add moss balls (Cladophora algae). Now add flourish excel.
The moss balls will die.

Dr. Greg Moran, CEO of Sea Chem will tell you it's not an algicide
and will explian why silly US laws make it so. But he will also
tell you not to use it on Cladophora as it will not do it any good.

There's no warning on the label about this becasue they figured
who'd want to grow algae?

Where did you get infomation from? Back up your statments.

I asked Dr. Moran and this is exactly what he told me. You
can ask him yourself and see.

633CSi 250SE/C 300SD | Killies, killi.net, Crypts, aquaria.net
1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Old wris****ches http://watches.list.mbz.org