Old 17-03-2005, 08:16 PM
spiral_72

No BGA as of last night. pH=7.1 NO3=10ppm PO4=off the scale

I changed about 30% water while vacuuming, and installed a phosphate
sponge I just bought. The vacuum really didn't pull much out of the
gravel. The phosphate spong is supposed to remove 20mg/L in 30gallons
of water. According to my calculations that'd be 10.9mg/L assuming I
have 55gallons of water in my 55 gallon aquarium (which I probably
don't). The directions say "if the phosphate levels ain't 0.02mg/L or
less after 4 days, change the sponge for a fresh one"

I must say I have learned much during this experience. Thanks Tom.

my aquarium page, info and pics at:
www.geocities.com/spiral_72/Spirals_page.html