Old 17-03-2005, 08:53 PM
Texas Tomatoes

True...kinda. Alot of the older heirlooms have some resistance to certain
diseases and little or none to others. Disease resistant hybrids were
created taking the desired traits of those heirlooms and combining them.
"Joanne" wrote in message
On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 11:34:08 -0400, Pam Rudd
wrote:

When last we left our heros, on Sat, 28 Jun 2003 02:15:54 -0800,
(Jan Flora) scribbled:

The older potato leaf varieties probably don't have the disease
resistance
that the new hybrids do.

Hogwash!

snip

I really wonder sometimes, exactly where do people think
the resistance that is bred into hybrids came from?

Pam

Colour me foolish... laboritories? I dunno; tinkering too much? Human
curiousity run amuck?

jcm

Toronto, Canada
Canadian zone 5b, U.S. zone is apparently 4b

I'm just trying to find my way amongst the forest of diverse information.

Thanks to global warming it's bloody hot here!