Old 18-03-2005, 12:08 PM
Sacha

On 18/3/05 10:12, in article ,
"Jennifer Sparkes" wrote:

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

On 16/3/05 9:59, in article ,
"Charlie Pridham" wrote:

... snip
Someone has already suggested it could be used as a sort of URG meet, I
shall be too busy to actually organise that, but it seems a good idea to
meet a few more of you all, so if any one would like to co-ordinate things
that's fine by me :~)

I wish I could volunteer to do that but while we really hope to be there, we
can't be certain of it so I wouldn't be much help. Nice idea though!

Same here and we too hope to be there.

However does it have to be organised? Couldn't any urglers attending
just make themselves known, say by wearing a small badge with 'urg'
on it? Then it would be up to each of us to greet one another.

Nearer the time there could be a thread asking who hopes to get there
and which day.

Just a thought, as there are tea rooms there see:-
www.hestercombe.com
So food doesn't seem to be a problem and there is also a link to 'places
to stay'!

All good ideas and info! No, I can't see that it has to be organised as
such, especially as it's in a public place and not someone's house. We
could certainly all wear little URG badges with our names on and it might
help to look at the web ring photographs of earlier meets to familiarise
ourselves with faces. I *think* I'll recognise you, Jennifer but mind you,
as this isn't Tresco.....
Note to other urglers - Edward & Jennifer came to an urg meet at my place
and we have kept in touch ever since. Imagine our surprise on our last
visit to Tresco to bump in the Sparkes on our last day, all of us strolling
round the Abbey gardens! I mean, Tresco's a wonderful place but it's hardly
the hub of the Universe!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk