Old 20-03-2005, 12:44 PM
Margolis

ok, this is the 4th time I've posted this. I am having trouble with my main
newsserver apparently. I tried this server yesterday, don't know if it is
propagating or not. Anyway, here is my original response dfreas.

ok, I just finished some extensive testing. Results are nothing like yours.

I tested 4 different ways with 3 different kits, ph determined with pinpoint
monitor. The kits are Hagen, Tetra and Aquarium Pharmaceuticals. The test
conditions are listed below.

1: water ph 5.8

2: water ph 7.9

3: water ph 7.9 + flora pride @ 5ml / 16oz water

4: water ph 7.9 + seachem excel @ 45ml / 35 gallons water, flourish iron @
10ml / 35 gallons, flourish potassium 15ml / 35gallons, flourish phosphorus
@ 4ml / 35 gallons, flourish @ 7ml / 35 gallons, flourish nitrogen @ 5ml /
35gallons. (this is the prepared water for my 50% weekly change on my
75gallon tank)

results for Hagen were 120ppm in all 4 tests

results for tetra was 6° in all 4 tests

results for ap was 7° in all 4 tests

I don't know what is causing your problems, but my results don't vary at
all, which they shouldn't. What brand test kit are you using? Or are you
using some sort of strip?

--
Margolis
http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm