Old 20-03-2005, 10:50 PM
TP

It worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it... ;-)
If you wait long enough it will be an antique...
look at the old tractors :-)

USENET READER wrote:

Srgnt Billko wrote:

"Jerry Furlong" wrote in message

I'm wanting to trade my used Lawn-Boy for a new Snapper mower, and in
the
course of calling the dealers in my area to see if they take
trade-ins one
dealer told me that they use a "lawn mower blue book" to determine

trade-in

values. I couldn't find any info on this by Googling. Does anyone know

the

title of this publication or how I can get some info on used mower
values
the Web? I'd kinda like to have a clue before I go in to bargain. TIA

Here's the guide we use at local Old Time Power gigs:
A unit from a quality manufacturer loses 1/2 it's value in 3 years.
Those
from mass marketing are worth 1/10th their value after 4 years.
Everything
has a price.

OK - my cousin has a 10 year old Sears lawn tractor in her garage - the
sucker looks in mint condition. She paid $1500 for it when new, so is
it only worth 25% of what she paid for it?