Old 21-03-2005, 01:16 PM
jay jay jay jay is offline
Registered User

Location: south west france

[quote=VX]On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 19:01:23 +0000, VX wrote
(in message ):

I'd have to say though that for £3 each
these do look pretty good.

Ok, cancel my previous reply!

I've found the David Austin Roses web site and what he has there are The Real
Thing- they look wonderful. All the Van Meuwen ones look very similar to one
another, lack individuality and while nice, they do not compete, even at that
price. I'd rather have a couple of the really good ones than six of those.
Although if I had a large garden, I don't know, maybe some of each....

--

A word on scent though - very personal and not always easy to define. I choose my roses really carefully now after some initial disappointment. I have David Austin and Peter Beales catalogues to hand, compare their notes on fragrance etc. and then troll through google to get some confirmations one way or the other before I order - so far so good )

jay jay