Old 23-03-2005, 01:59 PM
Dave Poole

Janet Tweedy wrote:

I bought a Buff Beauty last year as two friends had it in their garden
and I loved the colour and the scent was wonderful. Trouble is, now I've
looked up the derails I have no idea where to put it as it appears to
grow fairly large if not to say, enormous

Janet, Buff Beauty remains one of my favourite of the
old-fashioned-style roses, even though in real terms it is relatively
modern (mid- late 1930's or thereabouts). Now you can allow this to
run and given encouragement, it will faintly aspire to be a short
climber. However, you can also keep it well within bounds to around 4
feet across say and about the same in height. It will happily cope
with pruning down to around 2 feet or so in early spring and treated
as such, will keep well within bounds.

Dave Poole
Torquay, Coastal South Devon UK
Winter min -2°C. Summer max 34°C.