Old 23-03-2005, 02:23 PM
Phil L

Paul wrote:
:: Hi
::
:: My gardening books suggest the best time to sow grass seed is
:: between the last two weeks of March and the end of April.
::
:: I put my grass seed down 8 days ago, the ground is wet but not
:: water logged, the weather has been rain and sun. However the seeds
:: have not yet showed any signs of germination. (Location is West
:: Wales).
::
:: How long do grass seeds normally take to germinate ?, have I
:: bought a duff batch of seed ?.
::
I'm not an expert on grass seed but IIRC it has to be kept at a certain
temperature for about 16 days before it will germinate...this is to say, you
have at least 8 more days before germination *provided* the tempratures stay
up - if they drop down too low, the 16 days start from scratch from that
day.

--

http://www.blueyonder256k.myby.co.uk/