Old 23-03-2005, 07:18 PM
Rod

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 08:19:49 +0000, Paul wrote:

Hi

My gardening books suggest the best time to sow grass seed is between
the last two weeks of March and the end of April.

I put my grass seed down 8 days ago, the ground is wet but not water
logged, the weather has been rain and sun. However the seeds have not
yet showed any signs of germination. (Location is West Wales).

How long do grass seeds normally take to germinate ?, have I bought a
duff batch of seed ?.

10 days in good conditions - you need to get your eyes down to ground
level and look against the light, you'll see the little pointed
shoots.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply.