Old 24-03-2005, 10:28 PM
Paul Giverin

In message , Pam Moore
writes
I have some camellias in pots, and a blueberry, also potted, plus a
few other things which are in ericaceous compost.
They don't get fed much because the only ericaceous feed I have, which
is Miracid (now renamed "Miracle Gro ericaceous plant food" for some
reason) is very high in nitrogen;30-4.4-8.3. Camellias and
blueberries surely don't want high nitrogen, when I want them to
flower or fruit.
Is there any other ericaceous feed more suitable for such plants?
My camellias are flowering well and I the blueberry is budding up
nicely, but I feel they need a reat! All they get is an occasional
dose of tea!
I remember Arthur Billett saying on TV once that he gave Camelllias a
dose of sulphate of potash after flowering. This I have tried but it
surely goes the other way!
Any suggestions please?

Pam in Bristol

Not exactly feeding but I use pine needles from the coniferous trees in
the forest near me. I sprinkle them on the top of the soil and I'm led
to believe that as the needles are acidic, this will leech into the
soil. I even used my Xmas tree for this purpose this year.

--
Paul Giverin