Old 25-03-2005, 06:20 PM
Katra

In article ,
Elliot Richmond wrote:

There is a mockingbird building a nest in one of the mountain laurels
in our front yard. There are also lots of loose cats in the
neighborhood. I know we have discussed cat deterrents here in the
past, but I can't find any of that information. Does anyone know of a
reliable, humane way to keep the cats out of that tree?

Of course, the mocking birds will do a good job during the day, but
most domestic house cats hunt at night.

Thanks

Elliot Richmond
Freelance Science Writer and Editor

You can place a sheet of 18" aluminum roof flashing about 3 ft. up the
base of the tree all the way around it as a "sleeve". This prevents
anything climbing the tree. It can be removed when they are done
nesting. :-)

Hope this helps?

Kat

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

There is no need to change the world. All we have to do is toilet train the world and we'll never have to change it again. -- Swami Beyondanada