Old 26-03-2005, 09:47 PM
Travis

Phisherman wrote:
On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 14:24:05 GMT, Barry Andrews
wrote:

Thanks for the replies! So can I assume that I don't need to water
if it rains that day? If the seed gets too much water, will it
mold?

The straw helps the seed from drying out. If it dries out while in
germination, it will die. Watering every other day should be
enough. Too much water will "drown" the seed and rot it, a process
called "damping off."

Damping off is caused by a fungus. The sun or wind could dry out the
seed so you may need to water twice a day. Best to check rather setting
a schedule.

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5