Old 30-03-2005, 06:31 AM
Richard Sexton

I'd call it an algae inhibitor.
I tried it on Cladophora, it had no effect with a controlled tank full
of plants.
None, nada, zip.

I've been using Excel for 2 weeks along with daily dosing of fertilizer. I started
the two at the same time and in one tant - my last remaining problem tank -
it decimated the thread and staghorn algae in 3 days. In 7 days there was barely
a trace of the body. In two weeks it's simply all gone.

It seems to have no effect on BGA and green water (but they're easily cured
without Excel, just water changes and fertilizer)

633CSi 250SE/C 300SD | Killies, killi.net, Crypts, aquaria.net
1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Old wris****ches http://watches.list.mbz.org