Old 30-03-2005, 10:39 PM
Chris

Just as an aside... Mockingbirds get very defensive of their nesting area,
and will attack you if you get within 25 or so feet. So, you might want to
think twice about them being there... I speak from a couple of experiences.
(I've developed a "dislike" towards them.)

"Elliot Richmond" wrote in message
There is a mockingbird building a nest in one of the mountain laurels
in our front yard. There are also lots of loose cats in the
neighborhood. I know we have discussed cat deterrents here in the
past, but I can't find any of that information. Does anyone know of a
reliable, humane way to keep the cats out of that tree?

Of course, the mocking birds will do a good job during the day, but
most domestic house cats hunt at night.

Thanks

Elliot Richmond
Freelance Science Writer and Editor