Old 02-04-2005, 04:59 PM
Barry Andrews

Again thanks for the replies.

How long does it typically take for the seed to germinate when overseeding?

I aerated with a plug aerator and overseeded with Penington Kentucky
Tall Fescue last Saturday. I also used a starter fertilizer and have
watered everyday at least 30 minutes in the evening except on days when
it rained. The temperature has been between 60-70 degrees. Should I
expect the seed to germinate this early, or am I being impatient? So far
I don't see anything. Thanks!

wrote:
Weed control may be applied after the new grass is mature enough,
usually after it has grown tall enough to be mowed 3 times. Just make
sure that when applying the weed control that you keep walking, making
an even application. You do not need to stand there and drown the plant
for it to be effective.