Old 03-04-2005, 04:14 PM
Stephen Henning

In article , says...
I know this is a gardening newsgroup, but does anyone know how to rid my
house of silverfish? I know they like dampness,and in the warmer months I
run a dehumidifier all the time and keep my humidity low, but here in the
north (it's snowing today!) the heat is still on and they have started
coming out. Is there a spray I can use or poder that will keep them
out of the house?

Not a spray, but bait packs. They are small pieces of cardboard that
contain a powder (20% boric acid powder). I have a lot of books and
don't want to risk silverfish damage to my books so I place these bait
packs on the book shelves behind the books. It has worked.

Silverfish will eat any paper they find in a dark out of the way place.
When you see old papers with pieces missing, it was the silver fish that
ate it.

I bought mine from "Walter Drake".

They are available at:

http://www.wdrake.com/product_detail...tem_no=1005048

24 packs for $10.

If you google "silverfish packs" you will find others.

http://www.mileskimball.com/jump.jsp...ProductID=3341

has 24 packs for $8, a better buy.

http://store.doyourownpestcontrol.co...torefront/EN/p
roduct/KB153-6

has 144 packs for $40, a good buy for large quantities.

For complete product details check:

http://www.pesticideinfo.org/Detail_...1300001&DIST_N
R=070313
--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA USA Zone 6