Old 04-04-2005, 09:02 PM
Ed and Mary Sturdivant

Default white blobs

I have a pond that is five years old which is fed by runoff roof water.
There appeared a couple of weeks ago several egg-sized white semi-opaque
gelatinous "blobs" attached to the stems of underwater plants. I noticed the
same thing last year and they did not appear to hurt the pond or the
inhabitants therein ( goldfish, woodfrog and green frog tadpoles, newts,
diving beetles etc.) My impression is that they are egg masses but I cannot
see any individual eggs, they appear just to be uniformly milk white and
rather firm to the touch. Does anyone have any idea what they are? Thanks so
much, Ed Sturdivant