Old 05-04-2005, 06:16 PM
Scott Far Thunder

Default can pl*cos and plants coexist?

Hau kolas..quick question; I'm getting contradictory answers, thought I'd assimilate whatever you can contribute. I've a 100-gallon tank that I'm thinking of converting to planted. However, one of the occupants ofthis tank is a common pl*co who is fairly large at about 16" of length. I've had smaller pl*cos absolutely tear up plants in smaller aquariums. This guy/girl/whatever has never been in a planted tank, and due to size I won't put him in a smaller tank to "see what happens". So the question: in your experiences, what's the probability that a large pl*co like this will destroy a planted tank of this volume? If so, any suggestions of plants that might fair "better" in this environment and any that should be avoided? TIA.
--
**FREE LEONARD PELTIER NOW**