Old 08-04-2005, 07:28 AM
Gary

Default Privacy screen suggestions?

I'm looking for ideas on plants I could use as a privacy screen between
my house and the neighbors. Here is my situation:
I'm in Zone 6, dry climate. My neighbor and I want to create a privacy
screen between our houses. We don't want to erect a fence but are
looking at other alternatives, such as planting bushes or other plants
that will grow (preferably fairly rapidly) into a natural privacy
screen that extends from ground level to about 6 ft. tall. We would
prefer using something that would provide privacy year 'round, such as
evergreens.
Our houses are only about 15-20 feet apart and the area in between is
very shady because the two houses keep it shaded most of the day. Also,
there are two tall pine trees (with no lower branches)situated close to
the property line. The area we are looking at is about 20 feet in
length.
Thanks for any suggestions anyone might have.
Gary