Old 09-04-2005, 01:39 AM
Thomas

Well, that's true, but with these gas prices and 16-18 mpg....
Thomas
"Katra" wrote in message
2 hours in Texas is, like, right next door! lol

I'm in San Marcos.

In article ,
"Thomas" scythicon311@yahoo(dot)com wrote:

Well composted manure is perfect. If you weren't two hours away, I'd
come
shovel some for myself!
Thomas
"Katra" wrote in message
In article ,
"Thomas" scythicon311@yahoo(dot)com wrote:

Is you goal of inoculating the beans to fix nitrogen in the root
system?
If
so, yes, this should have been done when you planted your seeds. I
think
that your usage of compost made from wood chips and grass clippings
may
have
improved your soil's structure, but I would bet that your soil needs
nutrients. What kind of fertilizer are you using if any? The same
with
the
5 year old soil which you amended with compost of leaves and kitchen
scraps. You might consider feeding your soil with a good organic
fertilizer and some dried molasses if you can get it to encourage
biological
activity in your soil. It will help a lot..
Thomas

Will well composted manure mixed with soil work???

I generally top dress with soil shoveled out of the chicken and emu
pens.

Seems to make all kinds of happy plants. ;-)

If anyone in Texas in the Austin/San Antonio area wants to shovel their
own for free, please feel free to visit me! lol

This e-mail works if you remove the "mungbean".
--
K.

Sprout the MungBean to reply

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell see, I have
friends
in both places." --Mark Twain