Old 09-04-2005, 12:55 AM
Kira Dirlik

I haven't dared set out my plants yet. Last frost date April 15th.
I always have eggplants and always get the flea beetles. I find that
a light sprinkling of Sevin dust works, every month or so. I put the
dust into a nylon stocking, and just shake it on the plants. This
creates a very light, well-dispersed layer of dust.
When I go in the garden daily, I just squish them between my thumb and
finger. I obviously can't get them all, but I do get a LOT every day.
I try to use as little poisons as possible.
Kira