Old 10-04-2005, 03:32 PM
- Tom -

"davma" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm tired of treating our lawn with chemicals which never seems to address
the true issue - soil repair (Upstate NY).

Done some on-line research and have come across a few alternative methods.
One of which is using Corn Gluten Meal as the fertilizer.

Anyone here use this? If so what's your experience?

I'm strongly considering it and am interested in opinions.

Thank you.

I found this, http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/ga...7733.html#corn.
You'd also need to find supplements for phosphorus and potassium. Would the
total cost of all this and the time spent doing it warrant adding stuff to
poor soil instead of replacing the topsoil and starting over?

--
Tom