Old 10-04-2005, 11:09 PM
Peter H

"davma" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm tired of treating our lawn with chemicals which never seems to
address the true issue - soil repair (Upstate NY).

Done some on-line research and have come across a few alternative
methods. One of which is using Corn Gluten Meal as the fertilizer.

Anyone here use this? If so what's your experience?

I'm strongly considering it and am interested in opinions.

Thank you.

I believe that Corn Glutten was tried as a weed killer some time ago, but
failed at the task. I would be very skeptical of it's abilities as a
fertilizer. There are pure organics out there though if that is what you are
looking for. I used to use a composted turkey manure, which did a passable
job... don't know that I would want my kids playing on that lawn though.

Peter H