Old 11-04-2005, 09:04 PM

I have a 3-speed self-propelled mower. I mainly run it in medium-speed
(or is that slow speed?) because I use it for mulching; moreover, I
don't feel tired if I run it in that speed.

Occasionally I ran it in high speed (or is that medium speed?). That
was when I sensed that rain was approaching and I had to finish mowing
before the rain came. I didn't like running in that speed because this
was too stressful and I consider myself as physically fit.

The bottom line is that I would not like my mower if it only had one
single speed and that was on high-speed.

Of course, someone may say that we need to run the mower in high speed
in order to finish mowing a large lawn in a timely fashion. My thinking
is that if the lawn is quite large, that person is probably better off
getting a riding mower instead of a walk-behind mower.

Jay Chan