Old 12-04-2005, 02:23 PM

"I have a 3-speed self-propelled mower. I mainly run it in medium-speed

(or is that slow speed?) because I use it for mulching; moreover, I
don't feel tired if I run it in that speed. "

Same thing here with my Honda 215. The medium speed is just right for
a nice cut and comfortable pace. I've never tried one of the
continuously variable speed ones, but would think it would be a pain in
the ass if you have to continuely hold the grip in just the right
position for the speed you want. What would be more practical IMO,
would be to allow you to adjust the existing 3 speeds within a range to
fine tune them to the speeds you want. Once set, you could just lock
it in med speed and be good to go for 95% of what you'll ever use it
for.