Old 12-04-2005, 05:54 PM
grinder

"Richard Cline" wrote in message
In article . net,
"grinder" wrote:
I seriiously doubt if the prodfuct will aid the peach leaf curl. It is
generally accepted that there is nothing you dan do to stop or slow the
curl for this year. During the winter dormant season you can spray to
prevent curl for the coming season.

I would quickly lose faith in your nursery.

Dick

It's not just my nursery:

http://gis.ucsc.edu/disease/Fungal%2...sportrait.html
Kelp-based seaweed products may also be applied as a foliar spray. Naturally
occuring hormones present within the seaweed interfere with Taphrina
development. Susceptibility to Taphrina may also be linked with a magnesium
deficiency, a nutrient present in kelp. In an experiment comparing tree
blocks sprayed with copper, lime-sulfur or kelp product, the kelp sprayed
trees sustained heavier leaf curl damage but refoliated faster and after
several seasons was reduced to levels close to those treated with
fungicides. "Maxicrop" is a registered kelp product that is not phytotoxic
or toxic residue leaving. Spraying Maxicrop twice a month is most effective
(Burkam 1992).

http://www.ghorganics.com/page15.html
Peach tree leaf curl: This is a common disease of peach trees. Sprays of
horsetail tea, garlic (look further down the page for recipes) and seaweed
can help to prevent this problem. Growing chives underneath them also helps.

http://wlapwww.gov.bc.ca/epd/ipm/doc...owe/chap13.htm
Peach leaf curl Preferred Controls
Apply dormant sprays of lime-sulphur or copper just before bud break to kill
overwintering spores in bud scales
Apply fixed copper sprays in September, after harvest
Pick and destroy all affected leaves as soon as symptoms are visible to
prevent the fungus from reproducing
Spray liquid seaweed extracts at least once a month during the growing
season; these have been shown to reduce damage, possibly by providing
micronutrients to trees

I have two peach trees and both have peach leaf curl. One of the trees
has very few leaves and most are affected.

My nursery gave me Growmore Organic Seaweed extract to spray on the
leaves.
It does not say on the bottle it is designed for this type of application
but I have seen reference to its use on nursery sites.

Any feedback?