Old 15-04-2005, 11:11 AM
Anil Kaushik

Default [IBC] Ficus leaves versus Maple leaves!

Jim

Some time back, I had sent some information about the Bonsai Club (India) and a few pictures to 20 active ICBers. I got a very good response from most of them. As you had advised me to post the pictures on the IBC galleries, today in a maiden attempt I posted a picture of the new leaves of India's most popular Ficus species-- *Ficus virens*; on the *Testing Forum* of IBC galleries. In late spring this species starts giving new leaves which are maroon-red. As they mature they turn copper-red and eventually green. There are many cousins, clones and hybrids of this species, and each gives leaves of different hues of red. One of these is very popular and is known as *Lipstick Ficus*.

Chandigarh has some avenues lined with these trees. It is a breath taking scene, when in late spring new leaves sprout and it becomes difficult to judge whether Maples before fall look more beautiful or these ficuses in late spring!

Regards

Anil Kaushik
Bonsai Club (India)
Chandigarh "The City Beautiful"

++++Sponsored, in part, by Edmund Castillo++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++