Old 17-04-2005, 02:02 AM

the effectiveness of roundup greatly depends on species and growth
stage, but it defnitely does NOT work best on mature plants. It works
best on plants that are actively growing. You can use roundup at
temperatures much lower than the 72 degrees mentioned in a previous
post. It will take longer for it to kill the plants, but I assure you
it still works. In response to mad gardener, precise amounts do work
better, however, with roundup, a stronger soulution DOES make a
difference. I use roundup alot in the nursery and usually use a 2%
mix. This has little effect on things like nutsedge, horsetail, and
many perennial weeds. Upping it to 5 or even 10% makes a huge
difference and also makes it work faster.

Toad