Old 17-04-2005, 04:20 PM
Pam Moore

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 10:00:12 GMT, "Susan" wrote:

I've had a Zantedeschia aethiopica for almost 3 years. I know that these
are waterside plants that like wet soil, full sun and no frost.

I don't have a pond, so the plant is in a very large pot of all-purpose
compost, kept very moist at all times, kept in an unheated greenhouse in
winter, fertilised sparingly with general-purpose fertiliser.

Problems -- It has never flowered. Its leaves are a rather pale yellowish
green (it's never lost its leaves in winter, if that means anything).

The plant is obviously not happy, so can anyone advise on what I can do to
to bring it into flower and help its leaves turn darker green?

Thanks.

Feed it?
Repot it in fresh soil?

I had one which did not flower for 2 years. The following Spring I
repotted it in a larger pot, in fresh JI compost and it flowered well.
Mine stays out all winter and loses its leaves but comes back again.

Pam in Bristol