Old 18-04-2005, 06:20 PM
Derek Broughton

Just Me "Koi" wrote:

BV, and other regulars,

As I read this newsgroup once in a while, I see a lot of junk, and stuff
totally out of control and I get so turned off. Especially by some guy
with a million post in the group on topics none of which relates to
ponding.

Get a decent news program that lets you filter. I almost never get this
garbage until somebody responds to him - and _only_ in rec.ponds (if it's
cross-posted to any of the usual groups it's also filtered).

This lead me to wonder if there is a moderated forum we can all shift to
where some of these junks can be filtered out, and where we can also post
pictures.

Not a chance. (A) I hate "forums", i prefer newsgroups, and I hate
moderated forums even more. Who would volunteer to moderate? Who would
you trust to moderate? (B) I don't _want_ binaries. It's easy enough for
people to get web space to post their pictures these days. Then those of
us not interested in a particular picture, don't need to download it. For
those who are, it's an easy click on the link.

Some of the forums I've seen out there are not populated, minimal
discussions. That does not make for a lively dialogue either.

So any ideas out there?

Some people don't like usenet, some don't like web forums. You'll never
convince everybody to go to one place...
--
derek