Old 28-04-2005, 10:05 PM
Mike Lyle

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Mike" wrote in message

Tips.
Use a blunt pointed object to punch the holes - a sharp one will
mean it's easier to tear the string out.

Another tip. (But not 'truly' related to the above but does apply)
Any material or metal which is 'tearing', can be stopped going
further, by drilling a hole at the end of the existing tear.

Some kind of eyelet, even if only one or two washers, would also

help
to take the strain on the cord and prevent splitting.

I'd guess that you could make very effective eyelets for the purpose
by punching holes in squares of gaffer tape or Duck tape. (Actually,
I'd consider doing the whole repair with this kind of tape.)

--
Mike.