Old 29-04-2005, 02:03 AM
Howard Neil

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Mike Lyle" wrote in message

Some kind of eyelet, even if only one or two washers, would also

help

to take the strain on the cord and prevent splitting.

I'd guess that you could make very effective eyelets for the purpose
by punching holes in squares of gaffer tape or Duck tape.

Oh yes, of course! I expect I would have thought of that, given time ...

(Actually,
I'd consider doing the whole repair with this kind of tape.)

Looks awful though!

You can buy a special tape for this. It is like a very strong sellotape,
at least as strong as Duck tape but clear(ish).

One further thought re making holes for lacing (interesting idea, this).
If you melt the holes (small gas soldering iron?), the plastic will melt
out from the centre, leaving a plastic collar as a reinforcement.

--
Howard Neil