Old 29-04-2005, 05:04 PM
Phisherman

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 01:59:29 GMT, "RhondaM" wrote:

Help I am being over run by these pests. I planted spring bulbs and the
little buggars ate them. I have mounds in my flower beds from where they
burrowed. I have spotted one back in March and I know they are under there,
but I do not know what to do. I want the humane way of dealing with this. I
have googled this topic and have found people just wanting to sale me stuff.

RhondaM

Plant your bulbs in a wire cage. Squirrels are notorious for digging
up and eating tulip bulbs. I plant daffodils--no animal seems to like
to eat these. Groundhogs can climb fences (I've seen them do it!),
but they steer clear of the electric fence around the veggetable
garden. Moles eat grubs.