Old 04-05-2005, 10:29 AM

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message 1115143200.2582d24c9ecd3a3b92ffd658f97d47b4@1usen et
from "Sumgod" contains these words:

And yes Rod, I think it will have to be the real McCoy, i.e. an old Allen.
I've been keeping an eye out on e-bay but the folks getting rid seem to be
mainly in the south of the UK. Bet an Allen won't fit in VW Passat estate!
Any ideas on where else I might look?

A couple of years ago I tried very hard to give one away . No takers.
We broke it up for scrap:-(

To cut an acre twice a year, IME you would do far better to hire a
commercial-sized brushcutter, which is used like a big strimmer only
with a metal blade instead of strimmer string. No worries about

It's *way* harder work with a big strimmer, I have a big McCulloch
strimmer/brush-cutter and that's the reason I bought my Viking motor
scythe from Germany. It's much, much, much less effort with the motor
scythe.

maintenance or servicing, and you'll get a better machine than most
occasional light users could afford to buy. They're faster than
strimmers and the grass falls in swathes, easier to collect and remove.
A single day hire should be plenty for that area if you're fit and
energetic.

--
Chris Green