Old 07-05-2005, 12:21 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Alan Holmes" contains these words:

I do agree that drowning is not really acceptable. Shoot or hit over
the head or wring it's neck.

One problem here is that you need a gun licence to shoot the things,
which is not easy to obtain under the present state of law.

So, I'm afraid it's back to drowning.

A decent air rifle is more than adequate, and needs no licence. An air
pistol is sufficient for dispatching them in traps.

I used to kill squirrels (and rabbits) with headshots from a very old
air rifle I bought very secondhand in the early '60s (It probably dates
from around 1920) and it's still going strong. (Though with a new spring
and plunger.)

I use a pre-charged magazine one now, with a big 'scope, but it's no
more effective, except in the dusk or dark.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/