Old 07-05-2005, 05:29 AM
KoiDave

Well,

I live about 10 miles up the coast from you. In 12 years I have seen 1
heron. What you do have in your area, and may not know it, are large
raccoons. I am next to LAX and we have raccons, skunks and foxes here.
PV is loaded with them. The raccoons are quite the pests. My pond is
too deep to have real problems, my neighbor's is much shallower and the
raccoons are getting fat.

Now raccons usually leave parts of the fish laying around and uproot
plants. Have you found the plants disturbed?

Another possibility is a thief. How accessable is your pond and who
all knows you have Koi?

I have never had a problem with sea birds.

I hope this is your last loss ever!

KoiDave