Old 09-05-2005, 10:20 AM
Charlie Pridham

"tom" wrote in message

I saw a tv program the other week "City Gardener" where he used some
small electric heaters that looked like floodlight's. Just found out its

an algarve 2 1.3kw electric heater costing about £140.

I know jumpers are an option but its just nice once it gets dark,
after eating outside to have some form of heat rather than all 5 of us
having to go & get jumpers.

The one thing i cant find out is how wide the path of heat is.

p.s Its about 3m deep, the heat that is.

If the electric infrared are anything like village hall heaters we come
across, they work over about 30' while they are on you are warm, as soon as
they go off freezing! the garden ones have the advantage that they can be
directed, but really if you started with jumpers on the backs of your chairs
you could save yourself some money trying to heat fresh air is a waste of
time :~)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk