Old 10-05-2005, 11:50 PM
tom

If it has been too warm and dry over the winter it will lose a few leave
by drying out and desicating but will put on new top growth now.

But it is much easier to kill them by overwatering than by any amount of
neglect. Is the stem near the base brown and rotten?

If it is then the roots have gone and you need to chop the top off high
enough to get unaffected stem. Leave it to callous for a couple of days
and then re-root in a very gritty compost. 2 parts grit + 1 part JI #2
and don't give it too much water until it starts to grow again.

Regards,
Martin Brown

No it looks a bit brown on one side, but green on the other. he 2
leaves that are coming out from the middle are a lot greener than the
others. It has 6 leaves in total.

I have just watered it though as it was as dry as a bone, but from
what you have said I am known for overwatering things.

How often should it be watered. Any how much water should I give it.

I'm unsure what you mean by chopping it off, because the new leaves
come up through the middle. Should I just strip the brown leaves off?

thanks