Old 11-05-2005, 05:00 PM
Treedweller

On 8 May 2005 14:28:40 -0700, "Al Bundy"
wrote:

It never hurts to be reminded of safety. Nobody should be on an
unstable ladder with a chainsaw. Everybody should be paying complete
attention including those on the ground. The dog should have been
penned during this work.
Years ago I had to jump from a ladder while topping a tree for removal.
I pitched the saw away and landed safely. Those on the ground were
attentive and stood clear. By the time folks reach their late 50's they
should have the accidents behind them and really concentrate on staying
within their limits.

It never hurts to be reminded of safety. Nobody should be on a ladder
in a tree. Learn to tie in or hire a professional. Ladders are
unstable and trees are unpredictable (and often amateurs don't see
perfectly predictable results coming). You should never put yourself
in a position where you might have to jump from a ladder while
removing a tree.

Keith Babberney