Old 11-05-2005, 10:32 PM
Jupiter

On Wed, 11 May 2005 21:57:21 +0100, "pammyT"
wrote:

"The Reids" wrote in message
.. .
Following up to Mike

I'm mindful of the fact that they are
probably someone's pets

Why worry? If they annoy you, do something about it;

why worry you might upset a child or vulnerable person for the
sake of some old plant? How come my garden survives fine with
cats wandering through it?

Yes but you are rational with a balanced opinion. It seems there is a
little band of irrational cat haters around lately spouting their nonsense
and demonising normal pet cats and planting all of the world's ills squarely
upon their shoulders. Reminds me a lot of the middle ages.
In reality they probably hide from their cat owning neighbours and would
shit themselves if one of then came knocking on their door if they were
discovered hurting their pet.Especially someone like myself who is slightly
non compus mentis sp when it comes to my beloved pets and is probably
capable of setting someone's home alight and burning them in their bed for
killing one of my cats. Extreme? Certainly. But the lives of my feline
companions are worth more to me than the life of some worthless tosser who
gets their kicks out of harming someone's harmless pet The cat moaners
probably whinge and cry about the noise of childrens playing, the music
coming from next door at 10 pm, the sound of D.I.Y., the sound of someone
working on their car, etc etc etc. The only solution is for the whinging
cowardly malcontents to go and live on an island somewhere together where
they can all tell each other what reasonable fellows they all are and how
everyone else is wrong.

Well, I'm not a 'cat hater' by any means and it was me who made the
point about them probably being someone's pets. However, to be
balanced and reasonable about this, surely you must accept that they
can be a nuisance and a pest to gardeners and birdlovers?
I once had neighbours with a varying number of cats (never less than
five). They were semi-feral, killed birds at every opportunity,
wouldn't leave my garden pond alone, took to using a flower bed
outside our front window as a toilet causing such a stench that we
couldn't open the window in the summer and regularly woke us during
the night with their horrible racket. I would have happily shot the
lot. I gave up trying to grow anything under the front window and
resorted to liberal applications of Jeye's Disinfectant powder which
masked the stink as well as being 'uncomfortable' for the cats. For
the nightly row I acquired a loud battery operated electronic warbler
siren which I placed outside at the base of the house wall operated
via a bell push switch on the bedroom window sill. That worked fine,
and none of the neighbours ever complained about it because it got rid
of the interminable racket made by the cats. They used to run away
when that started up. Probably also making high frequency sound
inaudible to us.
You may be a responsible cat owner, but that can't be said about all
of them.