Old 19-05-2005, 08:24 AM
Andy Pandy

On Thu, 19 May 2005 08:01:45 +0100, wrote:

SNIPPED part relating specifically to RSPB

I am pleased you agree the RSPB does have a dilemma, but I remain

unconvinced it is one that is being addressed honestly.

The *whole* broad issue of the planet's ability to sustain life is one
of hypocrisy, for the simple truth is, that very few people indeed -
including no doubt the administrators of the RSPB - wish to make the
necessary sacrifices to their personal lifestyle.

Apart from the situation increasingly facing animals, the empty
rhetoric about improving conditions for the world's poorest
inhabitants totally ignores both the unsustainable resultant level of
resource consumption and emissions.

There is only one single solution, if the human race is to maintain
anything like our present lifestyle on a worldwide basis and that is a
drastic reduction in population densities throughout the world, which
is completely at odds with what our politicians are telling us.

But then they would have no justification for introducing ' Congestion
charges ' :-)

Andy